To compete you must:
When delegates are considering their eligibility to compete for a local or state competition, the determining factor will again be the delegate's BIRTH YEAR.
Miss: 1996 (28Y)-2006* (18Y)
Teen: 2006* (18Y)-2010(13Y)
*Those delegates born in 2006 may choose either to compete in the Miss division or the Teen division
- Be a United States citizen.
- Residency - Must fulfill one of the following:
- Must reside in the local area of competition
- Be enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university in the local area of competition
- Be employed on a full-time basis in the local area in which she intends to compete.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local, state and national competition(s) in which you compete.
- Register directly with Miss America as an applicant for the Miss Tri-Cities Competition.
- Candidates must meet all additional requirements pursuant to the Miss America State and Local Application & Agreement at www.missamerica.org.